About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

This and That


Here's what we had for dinner last night: Caldito!  Caldito is a hamburger, green bean and tomato soup served over rice.  My mom used to make this and it reminds me of her.


Here is what is on my agenda today: laundry!  Miguel is packing for his trip east to start his sophomore year at University of Kentucky.  He leaves Friday.


Here are Phoebe, her friend Sarah and Miguel with some light reading.  We're such intellectuals!


Today is the feast of St. John Vianney, patron saint of parish priests.

‎"All our religion is but a false religion, and all our virtues are mere illusions and we ourselves are only hypocrites in the sight of God, if we have not that universal charity for everyone - for the good, and for the bad, for the poor and for the rich, and for all those who do us harm as much as those who do us good. " St. John Vianney

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with climbing that mountain of laundry!
    Love how they all are seriously gathering information, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just the clean laundry to be folded, hung up and put away! I had another four or five loads still to wash when I took the picture! I'm halfway there. It's a good excuse to watch daytime TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. The dinner looks so yummy! Did you ever finish all that laundry?!! Phoebe, Miguel and their friends should consider themselves so fortunate to have such a plethora of tabloid magazines readily available and at their disposal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pile of laundry. Here in Homer we have to have our water delivered by truck so we watch the faucet running for sure.
    Thanks for your blog comment. Now rice we can't eat on the Primal/Paleo plan as it's a grain. I know most of the world eats this but going Primal you give up grains leaving out all fillers. Obviously this diet would not work for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan - I meant to reply to your comment (way back in August) that this soup is great without rice as well! Just add more veggies!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!