About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Prayers, please: Update

Today I am asking for your prayers for my friend Darlene and her family.

Her son Kevin was attacked and is in the hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas.  He graduated in the same class as my son, and is only 19 years old.  He is in intensive care with severe brain injuries.

The family is making a difficult decision today, whether to continue life support.  They are in need of prayers for a miracle, and failing that, strength to deal with making their decision.

Please pray for them today.  If you can ask your friends to do the same, I know Darlene and her family will appreciate it.


Through the intercession of Mary, Mother of Our  Lord, may this suffering family be consoled and comforted.

Update:  Kevin died earlier today.  Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.  The family will continue to need prayers as they grieve the loss of their son and brother.

5 comments:

  1. I have said a prayer and will continue to do so...Comfort and strength for the family and those close to them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula-I am praying now.
    My sister had to make this decision 25 yrs. ago.
    I pray for healing and strength to see whatever is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so sorry, Paula. I can't imagine the heartbreak this family is enduring. Lots of prayers from the Borobias...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for Kevin's family. Saying a special prayer for all of them right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!