About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Was Nominated For A Liebster Award

Liebster Award for Blogs

No, I didn't know what it was either, before I was nominated.  The Liebster Award originated from a German blogger who wanted to recognize her fellow bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  Liebster means "dearest" in German.

I was kindly nominated by Allison (thanks Allison!), whose blog, Rambling Follower is just wonderful and such fun to read.  The rules are that nominees must nominate four fellow bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, and answer questions posed by the nominator.  The bloggers I am nominating, because they are fun, inspirational, hilarious, beautiful and/or amazing are:

Bonnie at A Knotted Life, Beth at Beth Handley: Art and Life, Cari at Clan Donaldson and Sherri at Little House In Paradise.  And these are the questions I asked them:


  1. What is your favorite way to relax?
  2. What is your favorite season?
  3. Who is your favorite visual artist?
  4. Who is  your favorite writer?
  5. What is your favorite Scripture passage?
  6. Do you live where you live by choice or by circumstance?
  7. What do you most want to be remembered for?
  8. What is your greatest accomplishment up until now (besides your children)?
  9. What is your favorite food?
  10. Why do you blog?


Here are the questions Allison asked me, with the answers:


1. What delights you most about your life right now?
At this very moment, the sun is shining through the window, illuminating and warming my house!

2. What about your adult life is a surprise in terms of what you imagined as a child your adult life would be like?
I never thought I would live in Alaska - I thought I would never move far from home (Oregon)!

3. Where did you grow up and how far is it from where you live now?
I grew up in Portland, Oregon (see #2).  It is over a 1000 miles away.

4. What did you like best about being a child?
I loved playing with my friend Nancy, overnights with my friend Lee Ann, and reading.

5. What do you like about being a grown up?
That I can be myself!

6. What do you think the value of old age is? 
Not being dead!  No, seriously, aging brings perspective.

7. What do you like to do with your hands in terms of crafts, cooking etc?
Crocheting, cooking, making icon shrines.

8. Do you like to write letters or postcards? 
Neither - I prefer email.  I love getting snail mail though!

9.  If you were coming to a potluck at my house, what would you bring? 
Either a big green salad or enchiladas.

10. Does your family read your blog? Why or why not? 
My sister Mary does, my other siblings don't.  My mother-and sisters-in-law do!  Charles does, my kids sometimes do.

11.  If you could pick one adjective that you'd like people to associate with you, what would it be?
Kind.

Now, everybody go read Allison's, Bonnie's Beth's, Cari's and Sherri's blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Paula: Funny - my answer to my last question was "kind" also!!

    Did not know you grew up in Oregon. For some reason, I had thought the Southwest....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula, you are such a sweetie to give me the award! I will have to wait to answer my questions when I get back up to the Little House next week...I have a full 'dance' card with my grand kids in Portland/Vancouver...I enjoyed reading your answers.

    Have a great Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!