About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DNA Is Powerful

After I posted my Self Portrait for Theme Thursday last week, I was looking through the photos that Phoebe brought back from her trip to New Mexico.

I have several cousins and an aunt who live in Albuquerque and they were so wonderful to Phoebe! My cousins gave her family pictures, gifts, and a big family welcome.

One of the photos was a portrait of my grandparents.  I looked at the photo of my grandma, which was taken when she was my age.  And then I looked again...





I finally have genes that fit!

1 comment:

  1. The resemblance is uncanny. I look just like my mother but thankfully do not act like her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!