About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Are You Doing On The Computer?

GET OUT AND VOTE!

It is our right, duty and privilege as citizens of the United States of America
to VOTE today.

No matter your political beliefs, regardless of political party,  all Americans must exercise their right to VOTE.

People, many displaced by Superstorm Sandy, line up to vote  Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, in Burlington, N.J., at a Mobile Voting Precinct. Many victims displaced by the storm are taking advantage of offers to vote early. Photo: Mel Evans / AP
Voters displaced by Superstorm Sandy line up to vote at a mobile voting station.

If the folks in the photo can do it, so can you!  
No excuses!

So, turn off your computer,
walk out your door,
and
VOTE!

(if you have already voted, thank you!)

5 comments:

  1. HEY LADY! The first thing I did this morning was vote. Probably before you did, because I live on the East Coast.So there!

    Yes, I encourage everyone to vote. Our ancestors gave up their lives so we could have this privilege.

    God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison - you're so funny! We always joke that the election results are sometimes called before our polls even close up here!

      God bless America, indeed!

      Delete
  2. I agree! It is a privilege and duty that all citizens need to honor. Men and women have died for our freedom and liberty!

    And I was happy to vote early this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun to go to the polls this morning with Miguel for his first presidential election!

      Delete
  3. I love that Alaska as one of the highest amount of voters.
    I voted two weeks ago. :) We don't have a polling place anymore.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!