About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Walk in the Woods with Phoebe

Phoebe and I went for a walk yesterday on a trail that runs along the Mendenhall River.


The Mendenhall River flows from the Mendenhall Glacier.  Note the blue cloudy water - dust from the rocks that the glacier grinds into a floury silt.



Fall colors at the Mendenhall River


A beaver has been at this tree!


The beaver tree against the blue sky.




"I AM smiling!"


"Just take the picture, already!"

It was a fun walk with my daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Daughters are such a gift from God!! So glad you and Phobe had a good hike together.
    She's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking in the fall... sweet to get to do that with your daughter. My daughter Amanda and I get out and take photo walks and drives together often and I cherish each one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures, I like looking at Alaska. I really like your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!