About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd

Today I attended the second day of a four day training for catechists for our parish's Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.  The program is Montessori-based and was founded by Sofia Cavaletti, an Italian scholar.

The classroom, or atrium, is set up in a beautiful, simple and accessible way for the children to explore and learn about their faith, the love of God, the Liturgy, the Bible, the liturgical year, the prayers, rituals and sacraments of the Church.

While I don't plan to be a catechist in our parish program, I will probably help behind the scenes in some way.

I will take some pictures of the atrium and show them in a later post.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!