About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Portland Trip

As I mentioned earlier, I spent a week in Portland earlier this month.  I went down to attend my brother Marc's 60th birthday party, which was held at their Mt. Hood cabin.

I spent the night at Marc and Kerry's house in NE Portland before we headed up to Mt. Hood for the party.  Marc checked their bee hives to see if the bees had produced any honey.  No luck this year!

Marc proved that he is braver than I am when it comes to bees.



My sister Rita, my brother Phil and I enjoy the warm weather on the cabin's deck.  The Zig Zag river runs right by the cabin, so we were treated to the sound of water rushing by, and no bugs!



My nephew Mitch is a musician, and treated us to a great mini-concert.  Look how proud Marc is!



We had such a great time and ended the evening around the outdoor fireplace, swapping family stories and laughing.

It was a perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful family memories...and that concert would be so nice to hear, along with no bugs.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!