About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy St. Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day to all my loyal followers!  Sorry about the snarky post yesterday (now deleted)  - I was having a very difficult day.

Today is brighter, however, and in the spirit of St. Valentine, I am sharing a few wonderful quotes about love...

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house.  Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor...let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
                                                                   Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta





"Nothing is more practical than finding God, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, whom you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in Love, stay in love, and it will decide everything."

                                                                        Pedro Arrupe, Society of Jesus




"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but how much you are loved by others"
                                                                          The Wizard of Oz


and finally, from our friend Buddy:

"Cupid shot an arrow
He shot it with a bow
He's locked and loaded 
and ready for the show.

Love me sweet baby
Love me all of the time

Wrap your arms around me
Be my Valentine!"
       
"Valentine" by Buddy Tabor




No teas'ing - 


Happy St. Valentine's Day!



3 comments:

  1. Paula
    I missed yesterday's post.
    I wanted to drop by to
    say Happy V'Day to you!
    I hope all is going well today.
    We all have our moments,so don't
    sweat it.
    Your friend, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join the fun, Paula! And thanks for the beautiful quotes.

    http://ramblingfollower.blogspot.com/2012/02/link-up-10-things-you-probably-didnt.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! hope you are having a better day? jennyx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!