About Me

My photo
Douglas, Alaska, United States
I have lived in Alaska since 1978, having come to Juneau as a Jesuit Volunteer. I fell in love with Alaska and now live on Douglas Island with my husband and two dogs.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Family Is Everything

I went on a walk today with Phoebe and baby Rally. Not a long walk; just up St. Ann’s Avenue, up the hill to Fifth Street and down again to C Street and home. Phoebe had Rally in the backpack and she fell asleep, but not before watching Niyaa chase a little squirrel up a tree and admiring the geese our neighbors have in a pond.

Phoebe and I ran into friends and chatted a bit. And she and I talked about nothing in particular, but it was so nice to just be together.  I’ve appreciated this time of family togetherness so much.

Odin left to go back to work this morning, flying to Anchorage and then driving to his job in Glenallen. Phoebe and Rally are staying until Thursday. 

We’ve had almost a month of pandemonium, lots of cooking of family meals, fish catching and processing, unsuccessful hunting trips, socially distanced visits with friends, poker games, Scrabble, inevitable squabbles and lots of laughs.

I’m going to miss them when they return to Fairbanks. 

1 comment:

I love to receive comments - please tell me what you think!